Conover Quizz

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:57:03 EST

  List
  Last year it may be remembered that I was installing new bellies in
identical 1929 ft. 8 inch Conover grands. This piano has many charachteristic of &
looks greatly like the Mason & Hamlin A. I'll go on record as saying I like both
of these pianos.  They both have good power &excellent sustain. They wng
actions were set up right and the actions play as nice as any new Yamaha/Kawai.
Intersting board design. It had 15 ribs as per the old Mason A design with many
samller ones in the treble & a short cutoff bar.
   The black one is for sale & now I'll be curious to see if I can recoupe my
investment or .... Any way This piano has a New black satin lacquer finish,
new belly, i.e., everything. New action except original excellent rebuilt
wippens. Nice original wng damper system. It's a hummer. I had a really fine
ragtime player work it over last week & it really danced & his comment was how
smooth the action & even the tone was. I can see that the competition is A Yamaha
C-2 & a comparable Kawai model, sorry Don I don't know that model no.
   Any guess to what it could be worth in your areas. I'll be happy to take
comments off list. I have my own ideas but would like to hear yours. I know
I've got too much in the piano but that's the way it goes sometimes!
   Thanks--Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357