fallboard still stuck

Wally Scherer afinetune@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:37:54 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Jim, that is what I am assuming. I will have to
see if the restaruant owner will hire some men to tip
the piano back to see if this device falls out enough
to allow the fallboard to move.

Wally
--- JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 23/02/04 6:21:03 PM,
> afinetune@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<  But, as I said it
> will only move about 1/4 inch. I assume it is
> attached
> to the cheekblocks sort of like the steinways or
> some
> other older types.
>
> Wally >>
>
> Wally;
>  Is it possible that the "humidity control device"
> which was recently
> installed by someone else is the cause of your
> quandry?
>  It is possible that the installation was done such
> that while the fall board
> could be closed 'once' :) that the device
> installation is causing the board
> to bind and not allowing it to open??
> Just a thought.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

=====
Wallace T. Scherer, Piano technician, music educator
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, 33465
Phone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/afinetune