Hammer thief?

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:21:32 -0600

Bizarrrrrrre!  Now is your opportunity to sell them a whole new set of
Renner shanks, flanges and Blue hammers.  Along with a full regulation for a
princely sum.  Their state insurance should pay for it.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Frankenberg [mailto:rinkyd@pacbell.net]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:33 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Hammer thief?

Today I went to check on a baldwin F (7 ft) in the band room of the college
where I work. To my amazement and horror I found all the case parts off and
lying on the floor, the action slightly pulled out, every hammer, shank, and
flange assembly gone. All hammer flange screws gone and all case part screws
gone. These parts were only about a year old. The whippens(which they left)
and rest of the piano are 40yrs old. I'm wondering if someone thought they
could just put them on their own piano or if it was a prank. Anybody else
experience anything like this? I know this is kind of OT but I just had to
tell somebody who could appreciate the bizarreness of it all.

Phil Frankenberg
CSU Chico, Ca.