Lowell Gauge...morphing back to REVISITED

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:45:44 -0800 (PST)

Whether the string is primarily vibrating the bridge
top for and aft rapidly, as I believe, or waving it up
and down, as some others believe, a serious "clamping"
of the string to the bridge surface, which still
allows for sliding during tuning, is important.
    I belive that the traditional arrangement does a
pretty good job of this. But there's something itching
in me that says there must be a  beter way. One which
does not create bridge top deformation, loose pins OR
sounboard collapse.
     Perhaps if we stop bickering and pout our noggins
together, we can all come up with something.
     Speaking of which: what were the failings of the
Sohmer system, which caused them to stop using it???
Are there perhaps some Sohmers ( human beings ) still
around willing to discuss this???
     Thump