Help Wanted in Washington D.C. Area!!!

DCrpt@comcast.net DCrpt@comcast.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:56:33 +0000

       Anyone thinking about relocateing to Washington DC and starting to work for the countries biggest keyboard retailer?
       Jordan Kitts Music Inc. is looking for Piano Technicians of all skill
levels to work either in our main warehouse in College Park MD.(Just outside
Wash DC),or field service in the Va. or Md. suburbs.
       Jordan Kitts is a great company to work for.I have been employed by them
since 1980.I started out as an apprentice tuning in a booth and have worked my
way up to Concert and Artist Technician.I also have too much work to do in the
field.Our whole tech staff is way over booked.We are scheduleing into the second week of April.My manager says we need to hire more techs fast.
We are selling record numbers of pianos...Steinways,Bostons,Kawais,Kohler and
Campbells,and some chinese things.We just don't have enough people on staff to prep them or service them in a timely manner once they get into our customers homes.
       Jordan Kitts is willing to consider helping to  relocate any qualified applicants.The Washington DC area s very good for the piano business.We are a factory town with the government being the factory,and that means lots of people with good jobs who like to buy pianos and sevice them regularly.And they are always employed,it is almost impossible to lose a government job.Besides the government workers,many large companies are based in DC like EXXON MOBIL,AOL,NPR,MITRE Corp,XEROX,etc.

       My income as a technician has increased steadily through the past 24+ years that I have worked here,surviveing several recessions.A good road tech can expect to make between 50k to 75k depending on how hard you want to work.On top of that we have a great profit shareing pension program and excellent health insurance and heath care programs.
        If you are interested or have more questions you can call the service department manager Marc Bass at 1-800-466-9520  ext. 1239 or e-mail him at mbass@jordankitts.com.
                                                Robin Olson  RPT