Lowell Gauge...Communication Problem?

Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:30:43 +0100

David Skolnik wrote:

> Somehow, my attempts to be non-confrontational and unprovocative  seem
> to have failed, rather dramatically!  I don't know.  How much of what I
> hear in ----'s tone is my own misreading or projection?  I tried to do
> two things, maybe three, with my last post.  I tried to be appreciative
> of ----'s time and effort, I tried to rephrase some of my questions in
> response to his comments, and I tried to eliminate those issues that
> seemed to digress too far from the point.  Actually, four things.  I
> tried for a little levity too, but I'm afraid I have to acknowledge
> that, with this medium, and my writing skills, I can't get away with not
> using <grin> or :-).
>
> I won't ask any further technical questions.  My objective here is to
> understand the communication glitches, and to apologize for any role I
> might have in them.

Its an old story, not to worry. Some people are convinced of their own
<<knowledge>> to the degree that they feel it is their right to demean,
scoff, scorn, humiliate, or whatever anyone for just about any reason
they deem justified. Just dissagree... or be so presumptious as to
somehow threaten whatever image such people have of themselves and you
get nailed.

We've witnessed this three times now just in the past couple weeks.
Nothing new and it wont ever go away. I just ignore it all as best I
can. I personally have no compunction about makeing a first class fool
of myself if it gains me some insight into things I find of interest or
value. And I have absolutely no interest in appearing .... ahh... shall
I say..<<knowledgable>>. Indeed I find it hard to relate to the whole
appearances game all together. What silly illusions too play at.

I wouldnt blame yourself for any miscommunication problems here.
Actually I think the communication aspect has been working just fine.
Words, and their intents have been coming through in clear text.

Ignore it.. there are plenty of good people here that are willing to
share their thoughts and ideas in a positive, constructive, and polite
way. There are so many fish in the water that one here or there that has
a sour taste is of no consequence.

Cheers and .... keep the faith !

RicB