piano moving dolly

Phil Romano romano@sccoast.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:49:06 -0500

Tom,

New Haven is the place. But may I suggest that you not move vertical
pianos (or any pianos) using a swivel type dolly. Look at NH's Steel
Piano Moving Dolly (Model 225-50)($96.00 in my latest price list). It is
a fixed wheeled dolly. The piano is placed on it and you tip or lift on
to two wheels when you want to turn. It gives you the most control and a
piano will be less likely to roll away or tip. Much less collateral
damage!

The 225-50 is 8" tall. I had NH make me one only 6" tall so that I can
get my C7 into my trailer (piano+board+8" dolly > door height). I think
they charged me an extra $15 or so for the special order. It has been
worth every penny! I only use a swivel dolly when ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Phil Romano
Romano Piano Service
Myrtle Beach, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Tvak@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:22 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: piano moving dolly

List

I'd like to buy a piano moving dolly for vertical pianos.  (Not the kind
that the piano lives on, rather the kind the movers put under the piano
to roll it around, here and there, etc.)  I've found two places that
sell them, but they cost in excess of $175!  Anybody know where I could
get one for less?

Thanks,
Tom Sivak
Chicago