OT Master Piano Technicians of America

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:11:39 -0500

Jim,
         An interesting theory but .... I joined as associate from PTG and=
=20
still am to this day. I was never asked about any specific qualifications=20
nor was I asked to test or prove any worthiness in any way. Perhaps the=20
founders held to those ideals but it doesn't seem that they were carried=
 out.

Greg (just an associate) Newell

P. S. What would you rather be called,=20
Registered/Certified/Recognized??????, or Master Craftsman?
P. P. S. What do you think a potential customer would rather see?

At 11:00 PM 2/26/2004, you wrote:

>In a message dated 26/02/04 10:26:48 PM, gnewell@ameritech.net writes:
>
><<    I believe that the organization started as a regression from the
>
>politics and such from PTG.
>

>Greg Newell >>
>
>Greg I think you are partially correct. The founders of MPT, as I=
 understand
>it, wanted an organization that included only fully qualified techs. I=
 think
>the designation in PTG at the time was "Craftsman" ??? They felt that the
>organization needed to focus on the  Registered/Certified/Recognized??????=
=20
>members
>and not be saddled with students/apprentices, etc.
>
>  A small movement today still wants PTG for RPTs only and this is just an
>oooooooooongoing conversation in PTG political circles...of course we=20
>advertise
>ourselves as being :
>"An International Non Profit Organization of Registered Piano Technicians"
>soooooooooooo maybe they have a point. :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20