Breaking Bass Strings on Samick - is overlapping

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:32:02 +0100

Overlapped coils mean that someone have tapped the pins or/and also
that the piano have been restringed with too much coils.

I don't tune much "spinets" as we don't have often those kind of piana
here, (while we have enough bad instrumnets to be pleased) I just
don't recall having seen overlapping coil often, indeed tapping the
pins is not a real repair and have some disavantages, like this angle
question.

Best Regards.

I.O