Sohmer grand

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:50:08 -0800

Only yesterday did I find another problem that I never noticed.

After replacing the backcheck leather and spacing the hammers, I noticed
that the hammer tails were not hitting the backchecks squarely.

These were hammers that were in decent shape, very little wear and obviously
not original.  I thought I was ahead on that one.

The attached photo shows the problem.  The tails were shaped in the wrong
direction.  Grumble, Grumble, Mutter Mutter etc.

A chain saw comes to mind.  Applied to the replacement person of course.

Ah, the perils of piano work!!!!!

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...