r u magnetically balanced?

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 00:37:25 +0100

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 2/28/04 6:39:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> pianotuna@accesscomm.ca writes:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I came across this site when doing some other research.
>

> This looks alot like Stanwood's system, which I have seen up close and
> personal.  I forget the proprietary name for it.  The piano I saw it in
> was a like-new long S and S "A" selling for around 65k.  Very impressive
> action.  In fact, it was the most even feeling action I've ever played on.
>
> Dave Stahl

Stanwood worked his Simlified Magnet Balanced Action system out with
Hans Velo in Holland unless I am mistaken. They wanted to find a way of
doing the magnet thing without infringing on existing patents.

Myself, after looking pretty closely into several ways of approaching
the adjustable touchweight issue, have decided that its really not worth
more then you would spend for a set of whippens with the screw adjustble
assist spring. But if one wanted to use magnets, there are at least two
equally functional ways of doing things that are quite a bit less expensive.

Cheers
RicB