Used Yamaha U1

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:43:23 -0700

Be aware that a lot of these may not have been manufactured for use in =
this country... Before buying one, get the serial number and go to =
www.yamaha.com and look for a link to a serial number look-up. If it's =
an unauthorized import, or "gray-market", I wouldn't buy it.  In some =
markets and area's you'll see a lot of these showing up lately.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: marc and tina=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 4:10 AM
  Subject: Used Yamaha U1

  Hello All,

  I am in the market for a home piano and the Yamaha U1 floats to the =
top of my list.  I'm seeing a lot of refurbished U1's on the market that =
was manufactured in the 1970's.  I was wondering if someone could shed =
some light on why there are so many used U1's available from the 1970's? =
 Should I avoid these or focus on buying a U1 built sometime later?

  Thanks in advance for your help,

  Christina