Yamaha "Gray Market"

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:21:13 -0600

At 06:19 AM 1/4/2004, you wrote:
>The

>I have heard many reports of Yamaha grey market pianos literally falling
>apart when exposed to very dry climates. I live in Florida, where I have

>  How low is low and for how long? Not a clue.
>Reportedly the 2% RH experienced in Saskatoon is dry enough to make 'em self
>destruct, and 35% RH seem to generate no ill effects.

Hi Terry.
                  Today is Balmy, with lovely sun shine.   Temp -34C with a
wind chill of -45C.
Warm that air up to your 70F and the moisture content, mmmmmmmmmm RH is
nothing to worry about..
The gray market pianos around here are a disaster, after a year.  Most are
sold to very price conscious shoppers,  that seem to care little about
quality, but solely about brand name.   They get what they deserve.
Even though I am a Yamaha dealer I don't work on them, or take them in on
trade.
The dealers that carry them, seem to give little, or no service, and hire
the worst techs in the area to work on them, Snow balling the customer to
install Damp Chasers,  to solve many of the worn out parts issues,
Have a happy new year all.
Regards Roger