Heavy hammers

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:19:22 -0700

Ted,
Schaff has a dremel attachment that allows varying degrees of contact with
the sanding drum.  I haven't used it but have made a mental note to get it
next time I have to rehab a piano.

 From the model name mentioned it sounds like the teacher bought an
imported Yamaha.  Then she had it rebuilt.  Was that because of the shape
it was in or after due course of usage?  The "grey market" piano thread we
had seemed to disparage these a lot.  I serviced a G3 this last Christmas
which was essentially brand new, right down to a sostuneto bar that had to
be adjusted up out of the way of the damper flanges.  It tuned beautifully.

Andrew Anderson
Las Cruces, NM