Where did the RH Go

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:09:00 -0500

At 11:19 PM -0600 1/11/04, Ron Nossaman wrote:
>If you pour a quart of red dye into a lake, why does the area you
>have poured the dye into immediately turn red, but the lake,
>including the area the dye was poured into, doesn't after it's
>disbursed a bit?

You and Sarah raise a good point, that with doors open throughout the
house, she might be humidifying the entire indoors. Not the case
here. The room (~ 12'x20') the piano is in is a separate first floor
addition to the house, and she knew enough to keep the door closed,
isolating the room.

At anyrate, it's clear the the RH I was reading was on its way to
somewhere on some conveyor belt. It would have been interesting to
get on/off-duty RH readings on the other side of the room, as well as
on the other side of the door. (I suppose it's possible that in an
effort to distribute itself evenly across the space available, water
vapor was slithering under the closed door.)

At anyrate, the ineffectiveness of a room humidifier in regulating
board EMC has been demonstrated to me.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
     ...........From a recurring nightmare.