Rebuiling uprights

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:50:39 -0800

Dale,

I think more people are wanting to rebuild their family upright, so many
of them having come to the point of needing rebuilding or recycling.
Throwing one away is just not an option for some people. Andre Bolduc
must have noticed this trend when he started giving classes on how to
replace an upright pinblock.

Since many of these uprights have lost crown, I wonder if some of these
would be good candidates for Del's idea of painting the soundboard with
epoxy to restore stiffness.

Tom Cole