Hammer Replacement - was Bushing Cloth

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:08:05 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2004 7:55:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:
Dave asked: "Anybody got suggestions on new hammers for an early
1900's Bush & Lane 5'6" grand?"

Dave Davis

Dave,
I'd suggest Ronsen, Euro Felt on Silver Maple Mouldings. They're awsome!
You'll be able to give the piano a hammer mass very close to the original.
And, a tone quality that is very close to original, as well. Highly
recommend it.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police

 Dave
   Dittos on that. For me this is the only weapon to use in uprights. The
starting tone is great & very little voicing. I put a set in a 8 year old Kawai
upright last month for a teacher. I installed them ,lined them up & the tone
was a dramtic improvement over the original equipment which was really hard to
deal with fromA -440 on up. I delivered an old Baldwin upright which also had
the Ronsen. They sounded awesome in this as well. I used a light juicing of 6
to 1 lacquer in the bass & a little in the lsat octave. Real tough voicing
grin. I use the 14 lb variety which weighs in closer to the originals.
Dale Erwin
Erwins Piano Restorations
4721 Parker Rd, Modesto, Ca. 95357
erwinspiano@aol.com