Terry Farrel: A440 or bust! (Or not.)

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:45:21 -0800

Differences in pitch shift due to humidity swings are most likely related
to the part of the soundboard that the strings are connected to.  Since the
middle of the soundboard will rise and fall the most with changes in
moisture content, the pitch of the strings which connect to the middle of
the board (mid to low tenor) are going to change the most.  The extremes,
which are anchored more closely to the rim, are going to move the least.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net