Bechstein Pinblock

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:37:02 -0500

At 8:10 AM -0500 1/29/04, david thomson wrote:
>SO...now that I'm ready to begin shaping
>the the Bolduc blank I can't find an appropriate router bit with a 25
>degree angle to cut the ledge.  Any suggestions?  Does such a bit
>exist?  It looks like that's how it was made originally.

If you really must do this with a router, I'd buy a dovetail bit
(*with a 1/2" shank*) and have a machinist regrind it to match. But
this job really wants to be done on an over-arm router, or even a
shaper. Do I gather you're milling this out of a solid panel, or
making your layers individually and then gluing them up? John Hartman
had an excellent article in the PTJ a few years ago. Are you a
subscriber?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"There are fifty ways to screw up on this job. If you can think of
twenty of them, you're a genius......and you aint no genius"
     ...........Mickey Rourke to William Hurt, in "Body Heat", discussing arson.

BTW, not referring to anyone in particular (with the possible
exception of myself).