Jack pinning...do they bend?

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:42:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Don. I'll repin. It's actually one of my favorite repairs, because it has instant permanent results and makes me feel good. It's always nice to feel good :-).

Dave Davis

Donald Mannino <donmannino@comcast.net> wrote:
Dave,

No, I do not believe there is enough force in at the jack center to bend the pin during heavy playing.  Pins are frequently bent in order to space the jacks within the repetition lever window, though.

These parts are very likely tightening up with use, which does happen.  Reaming and repinning them is a hassle, but it should be a permanent solution.

Don Mannino

So I'm getting the impression that jack center pins can not be bent even from heavy abusive playing?