price fixing -- sort of

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:58:27 -0700

percentage or
surcharge for Sunday or holiday tunings?"

Mark,
You betcha! Triple on Sundays, (my designated REST day), and Double on
Holidays, (the regular type), AND Quadruple on Christmas and New Years days.
While I'm at it: Double for Square Grands, Triple on Square Pianos and 25%
more for Overdamper Uprights and Players. My current Shop Rate is $55 per
hour. My Tuning rate is $100, for a first time client, (if it's a standard
tuning w/in 5cents of on pitch). Pitch raises are $25, $50 & $75 for less
than 25cents, less than 50cents and anything over 50cents respectively.
Concert Work starts at $125 and goes up from there. I plan 2 1/2 hours for
tuning, touchup regulation and minor voicing. If the piano needs more than
that then the Hourly Shop Rate applies. I don't differentiate between City
and Country folks. My Travel is: Anything more than 100 miles from my front
door, round trip is at a rate of $1 per mile. BTW, I do give discounts: 10%
off for regular clients, that respond to their "reminder" w/in 30 days +/-.
I give an additional discount to Seniors if it appears warranted. I also
give various discounts to Dealers and Institutions.
Hope that puts things in perspective for some of you. If the FTC wants to
come after me, so be it, as I feel that whole thing is a bunch o Horse
Pucky, anyway.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police