Price fixing

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:08:20 -0600

 > Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
> Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:05:12 -0400
> . . . . .

> Come on folks, a bit of information shared is hardly 'price fixing'
> . . . .
> Jim

    I only mentioned it because several times in the past, at chapter
meetings or national conventions, when someone has asked, "What do you
charge for _____ ?", someone else has responded, "We can't talk about prices
at an official organizational meeting because of anti-trust laws.  If it
gets around to the wrong person, it can be seen as price fixing and PTG
could get in trouble."
    And I think PTG almost did get in trouble because of that once or twice,
and thus the wariness in discussing prices.  Now afterwards, in the hotel
bar or restaurant, or maybe on line, in a newsgroup that's not really "100%
official PTG", it probably doesn't matter.
    Is that right, those of you "in the legal know"?      --David Nereson,
RPT