Hammer clicking solution

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:05:01 -0400

Hello,

For those interested, I found the problem causing the hammer clicking.

The leather(?) on the hammer butt was hard - perhaps from the graphite
used for lubrication on the repetition lever - and upon return it would
cause a clicking sound.

I presume the only correct solution is to replace the leather (please
correct me if I'm wrong), but just as a quick solution I needled it a
tiny bit with my voicing tool and then massaged it with my finger.
Seems to have done the trick, for the time being at least.

- John