Fw: Kawai CX-5H question.

Steve Martin smartin@dodo.com.au
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:30:32 +1000

Sorry for the repeat but could all who respond to this please do so to =
my email address as well as the list as I cant enter the pianotech site =
without an illegal op. coming up.

Steve.
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Steve Martin=20
To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 6:24 AM
Subject: Kawai CX-5H question.

Hello list

I wonder if anyone can help. The Kawai CX5H is about 7 or 8 years old =
and has pretty much been dogged by problems most of its short life. I =
started looking after it about 5 yrs ago and first up all the tuning =
pins had gone rusty so we had to fix that. The people are very lovely =
but at the same time are not at all content with their shiny almost new =
Kawai piano.
The tuning stability of the thing is not good at all!! We installed a =
dampp chaser earlier in the year and although this has helped with =
sticking notes it has not done a great deal for the tuning.
The people have national and international musicians staying with them =
and playing their piano and of course are quite embaressed by the whole =
affair. So much so in fact that they're thinking of asking Kawai to take =
back their piano.
Here's one thing that I did think of and was wondering whether anybody =
else has done it and that is to build back posts into the piano? What do =
ya'll think??
Also the action shudders when a key is hit hard does anyone know why =
this is? I also pulled up quite a bit of lost motion a month ago in the =
piano and went back 2 weeks ago and there was almost as much there as =
before I pulled it up???!!
I'd appreciate any comments and anyone elses experience with the CX-5H.
Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

Steve Martin.