Church organ - lubrication

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:50:29 -0500

It could be an old Hammond with the "tone wheels" and they were=
 supposed to be oiled once a year.  If that be the case, you'll=
 need Hammond organ oil (might be in the console or bench) and=
 you fill each of the little containers once.  If it's a real=
 organ leave it to the real organ person.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275

From: Cy Shuster <741662027@theshusters.org>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Church organ - lubrication

I have a new customer, a church, whose pastor says they also have=
 an organ that needs lubrication.  I don't know anything about=
 them (haven't been there yet), and don't want to mess with=
 something I don't know, but they make it sound like a fairly=
 routine operation.  Is it something like lubing the blower=
 motor?  Is this something I should attempt, or (my preference)=
 leave to the experts?  How would I find an organ maintenance=
 person?  I'm assuming it's not electronic...

Thanks,

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV