Church organ - lubrication

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:30:55 +0000

<snip>It could be an old Hammond with the "tone wheels" and they were=
supposed to be oiled once a year.  If that be the case, you'll=
need Hammond organ oil <snip>

Yes, this sound correct... Years ago I checked with the resident Hammond
expert, and he said to just use an all-purpose oil from the hardware store.
Just pop open the back, and you should see some long horizontal rods that
are supposed to spin with little circular "paddles" attached.  If you turn
on the unit, and it starts to squeal, that's what's going on.

Find the little oil resevoires (mini funnel-type thingees, if memory serves)
and just fill-em up.  There should be a few of them to fill.

I could probably dig up the guy's number if you need more information.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland