Questions about ozone for deodorizing ???

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 04:42:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- Nichols <nicho@zianet.com> wrote:
> At 08:33 AM 7/9/2004 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi, Gordon:
> >         I met a guy in Nashville named a Jim
> Commander who uses a
> > portable ozone
> >machine to deodorize pianos.  You can reach him at:
> >jim@powerpianoworks.com.  He is quite experienced
> with fire damage
> >restoration.  He also told me about an odor
> removing chemical, name of
> >which I can't remember.  Give him a try.
> >         Paul McCloud
> >         San Diego
Thanks! I figured that I'd need to air out anything
treated with ozone. Did it rust the strings ??? If so,
I'll just stick with my current method of thoroughly
cleaning, then lacquering, the keys to seal in odors.
Or have them replaced. But I sure wish someone would
make economical sets of keys for old player pianos and
such!