Modifying Steinway music desk support

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:49:21 EDT

Mark
          Huuhhh???
          Dale

hanks for the time and for lunch, Neil and Carol.  It was good to  meet and
visit with folks.  I was extrememly impressed with the  kids.  I'm planning on
coming to the shop on Monday late morning--  ok??

Maybe Mark will be there too.

Stand by, Neil, for some good responses to this question.

Mark

----- Original Message -----
From:  _Erwinspiano@aol.com_ (mailto:Erwinspiano@aol.com)
To: _pianotech@ptg.org_ (mailto:pianotech@ptg.org)
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 7:35  PM
Subject: Modifying Steinway music desk  support

List
  I've noticed that new Steinways have a brass  folding music desk support.
I've purchased some from piano tech but I'm  having difficulty finding a
location on the desk that works for fully open  or fully closed. If it's fully open
it won't lay flat. If it's positioned to  be fully flat it won't stand
completely upright.
  What am I missing?
My question is do thesnew Steinways have a riser block for  the support to
sit on which gives it more throw or what?
  Dale