Margin - Mostly OT

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:40:23 -0400

Clyde
Success and rewards are not always perceived by ears that dont hear and =
eyes that dont see. There is much work  ....and the laborers are few
Richard
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 8:36 AM
  Subject: Margin - Mostly OT

  Friends,

  This is a goodbye (perhaps shortlived or temporary, who knows?) to the =
pianotech list, but not for the normal reasons, like being upset over =
arguments or getting tired of the OT posts.

  It is because I could see myself in a book I am currently reading =
titled Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial and Time =
Reserves to Overloaded Lives by Richard Swenson, M.D.  I am trying to =
prioritize the various aspects of my life.  The list didn't make the =
cut.  I am also attempting to reduce my work load servicing pianos.  I =
find it easy to answer the call of the urgent and ignore the important.

  About a year ago a "turn in the road" put me in touch with my =
neighbors, both adults and teens, in ways I did not experience =
previously.  I won't take the time to get more specific.

  Some of my neighbors and acquaintances are satisfied with the lives =
they lead, and I am not trying to change their minds.  But others find =
life a drag because they are living destructive lifestyles, or they have =
inadequate resources to deal with their problems.  They feel trapped, =
and they don't know where to turn.  One neighbor told me on Sunday, "We =
need all the help we can get."

  At the very least, I want them to know that across the street, in the =
white house with red shutters, there is a man who cares enough to at =
least listen, and maybe help in some way.  As a follower of Jesus, I am =
willing to talk about their current welfare but also about the eternal, =
if they're open to that.   But this takes time, and I am trying to free =
up more time for such things.=20

  The conversations I've had over the past eight months are quite unlike =
anything before this.  What I am doing is very rewarding and likely to =
become even more so.  More painful, too, probably.  :-)  I'd love to =
tell you more, but I've got to stop somewhere, or this email will eat up =
my whole morning!

  Now you know a little more what makes me tick.  If you wish to respond =
and want me to see it, you'll need to email me privately.  I wish you =
all the best.

  Regards,
  Clyde Hollinger, RPT
  Lititz, PA

  "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I.... =20
  I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the =
difference."
  -- Robert Frost