Fw: D-D Temperament....

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:03:10 -0700

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Joe Garrett=20
To: pianotech=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 1:43 PM
Subject: Fw: D-D Temperament....

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Joe Garrett=20
To: pianotech-request@ptg.org=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: D-D Temperament....

Phil Ryan said: "Has anyone tried out the D to D Temperament presented =
in the July=20
Journal?  I'm looking for any edge I can find to get me through the=20
tuning test, but found it most confusing for a neophyte aural tuner. =20
Has anyone used it and would recommend I take another look at it?

Phil Ryan

Phil,
First of all, it IS NOT a D-D Temperament! An A-A temperament is set =
BETWEEN A3 and A4. A true C-C temperament is set BETWEEN C3 and C4. This =
does not even come close to those perameters. Further, this obsession, =
he has regarding tuning all unisons as you go, is, IMO, not the way for =
a beginning technician to go. For a skilled technician.....maybe, IMHO
I know I'm treading on thin ice, here, as the author is highly regarded, =
and rightly so, but this ain't what it says it is. For learning =
techicians there are many better technicques and temperaments to use, =
IMHO.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett,  R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police