The Lost Aliquot

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:15:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2004 6:30:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

Dale,
I could send this private, but I decided to show  my error to all! :-( I do
have the triangle shaped aliquots...however, the  darned things are brass, not
Nickle plated. :-( Their dimensions are just a  bit bigger than you gave, so,
with a bit of judicious filing/grinding, they'll  fit the mechanical criteria,
but not the cosmetic! Darn! However, in the same  parts bin, I have some 1/2
oval ones that are exactly the dimension you need  AND, they are nickle
plated, (albeit a bit dirty). So, these will fit the  cosmetic, (somewhat) and the
mechanical criteria.....just a different shape.  Double Darn. I'll send you a
few of each and hopefully you'll be able to "make  do". I apologize for getting
your hopes up prematurely. (I hope you're out of  the dog house tho.<G> BTW,
I had a similar situation years ago. A few  years ago, while really cleaning
my "play pen", I found it! Sheesh! (After I  already made one, had it
plated,etc.!)
I chalk this up to "old-timers disease" and a  major Brain Fart!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police
Squares R I

   Hey No big deal compared to the dog house. I'll just  plate one!!!!!
  Dale