1970's Kimball player parts, advice, needed.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:27:22 -0700 (PDT)

Everyone,
    A music store has asked me to spritz up a crappy
Kimball player they got on trade. It needs the
momentary contact "On" or "Play" switch, whch is in
the left cheek block and trips the motor solenoid.It
is a  spring-loaded push button type.
     Have one ??? Does Kimball? Do they have parts
department phone number yoiu'd please divulge ?
    Also: the tracker lacks "oomph". I am guessing
that the cylindrical rubber bellows jhave hardened
abit, impeding motion. Anything work to soften them
up!
    And, if I need any, I'd like to know of the
availabilty of valve blocks, which are plastic and
seem to be glued to the decks.
    Biy, do I hate modern players!
     Thump