Workman's Compensation Insurance

Robert J Russell brjr@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

Dean,

I guess I was kind of kidding around with my last sentence. Really though, our industry isn't being singled out. They are asking these requirements from everyone. Litigation is becoming a major issue for everyone in this country.
Bob Russell, RPT

Dean May <deanmay@pianorebuilders.com> wrote:

>>List, this is becoming commonplace for institutions. It's really not a bad idea to have this coverage. Not only do you, as a sole proprietor have to this coverage, but if you have subcontractors, they have to also.

In fact, many want you to have liability coverage as well.

What do these people think we are, professional business owners?

No, they think we lack the integrity to cover our own expenses and not hold them liable. They truly do think we are unprofessional and morally bankrupt to require us to carry the coverage. There are still enough customers out there who don’t require it. I’d let this one go.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802