Old upright / piano rentals (Lori S.)

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:48:54 -0500

>>>Can you describe your rental policy (terms, prices, etc.)?

I used the form below. I realize it probably won't come out right on
everyone's email reader, but it gives you the idea.

They had to pay a $55 set up fee, to cover delivery and pickup, the first
month's rent, and pro rata payment from the date the contract was signed
until the 10th of the month, when all payments were due.  My rental fees
ranged from $25 to $45 for pianos I would sell for $500 to $1200. Nicer
pianos I would not rent. And when people came in to rent, I only offered
them one or two of my worst pianos available for sale to choose from.

I never did have a lot of rental pianos out there but I didn't really
promote it, either. But it did make for some extra income, and gave me some
place to put ugly pianos that nobody would buy. I had one ugly spinet that I
rented over and over. I made way more off that piano than I ever would have
by selling it!

Blessings,
Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

Piano Rental Agreement
	Date ____________________	 	Contract # ___________________

	Lessor:	Ebony & Ivory	    Lessee(s): ______________________________
Soc.Sec.#  ___________________
		1728 S. 3rd Street
		Terre Haute, IN 47802
______________________________	                  ___________________
		812-235-5272
			    Address:   ______________________________ 	Phone:
___________________

			                     ______________________________
___________________

	Piano Make & Model _____________________________________  Ser. #
__________________  Bench Included? ______
	Notes:

RENTAL RATE SCHEDULE
	Lease Period Start Date __________  	 First Payment Due ____________

	First Month's Rent  - - - - - - - - - - - - - __________
	Set-Up Charge:
Total Payment due on the
		One Time Fee - - - - - - - - - - $  55.00	10th day of each month.
	Pro-Rata Rental Fee
	           ____days/30 X $_______/mo.=  __________	Rental Rate - __________
	Sales Tax - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  __________	Sales Tax    -
__________
	Total Due Now - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -__________	Total Pmnt. -
__________

THIS IS A RENTAL AGREEMENT ONLY
The undersigned, herein called "Lessee" hereby rents from EBONY & IVORY
herein called "Lessor" the above described piano, herein called "Property"
and agrees to pay the rental rates set forth above, payable monthly in
advance, beginning on the date stated above.
TITLE: Lessee understands that lessor owns the property. During the lease
term, lessee does not have any ownership interest in the property at all,
and lessee does not have the right to a refund of any lease payments when
this agreement is terminated.
TERMS: Lessee is not obligated in any way to renew this agreement after the
first lease period. Lessee may renew this agreement, if lessee has complied
with its terms, by sending or delivering the monthly payment to lessor
before the end of the lease period. Lessor understands lessee has a grace
period of five (5) days. Lessee understands this lease terminates
automatically if lessee does not renew it within the grace period.
OTHER CHARGES PAYABLE TO LESSOR: Lessee understands there are other charges
in addition to the rental payments  described below:
SET-UP CHARGE - There is a one time non-refundable fee of $55.00.
Additionally, a pro-rata rental fee from the date of this agreement until
the beginning of the first lease period is due. This set-up charge is due at
the signing date of this lease agreement.
LATE CHARGES - A late charge of $5.00 will be assessed on any rental payment
not made within five (5) days after the renewal date for monthly rental
agreements.
TERMINATION AND DEFAULT: Lessee is not obligated in any way to renew this
agreement. Lessee can terminate this agreement by arranging for the
immediate return of the property to the lessor. Lessor may terminate this
agreement if lessee fails to keep any agreements. Lessor may notify lessee
of termination in writing or verbally.
LOCATION OF PROPERTY: Lessee agrees to keep the property at the address
shown above. If lessee removes the property without lessor's written
permission, lessor has the right to terminate this agreement immediately.
TAXES: Lessee does not have to pay other taxes during this lease other than
those listed above.
INSURANCE AND DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY: Lessor does not carry insurance on the
property, and lessee is responsible for its safety until it is returned to
lessor. The lessee shall be responsible for the loss, theft, or destruction
of the property from all causes whatsoever and shall reimburse lessor the
fair market value of the property in the event of such a loss. In the event
of damage and/or partial destruction of the property from any cause
whatsoever, lessee shall pay to lessor the reasonable cost of repair to the
property. All reasonable  attorney fees will be paid by the lessee.
MAINTENANCE: During the period of this lease lessor will provide service for
the property, covering normal repairs, excluding tuning, at no additional
charge to lessee. Lessor will not be responsible for the cost of
unauthorized repairs done by others. Tuning will be made available to the
lessee at a rate of $35.00, if lessee  has the piano tuned every six months.
ASSIGNMENT/JOINT OBLIGATION: Lessee has no right to sell, transfer, assign,
pawn, or sub-lease the property. If more than one person executes this
agreement as "Lessee" the obligations of the same shall be joint and
several.
BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLETE COPY OF
THIS AGREEMENT.

EBONY & IVORY