Setting Pitch

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:41:03 -0400

Hi Jim,

I use an A440 fork. I also have a C fork, but I rarely use it.

It was always a pain to set to a fork until I read on the list where
technicians suggested holding the fork between your teeth with a buffer
between the metal and your enamel (I use a paper towel). It works
fantastically, you just need to set the A pretty fast before your head
starts feeling weird.

There are some who rigourously defend ETDs, while I defend aural
tuners. But I say use whatever enables you do a good tuning, just make
sure if the power goes out (or the batteries drain!) that you can do
just as well :)

- John