dampers advice pls

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:17:28 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_004D_01C46C21.EF9F1F80
Postpone the appointment. Go to: http://www.spurlocktools.com/id36.htm  =
and order:

Vertical Damper Replacement

This nine page pamphlet presents step by step methods for diagnosing =
damper problems, re-designing dampers to improve poor damping common in =
the bass and tenor, a unique method of pre-adjusting damper heads prior =
to installation of new damper felt, and simplified methods of damper =
head and spoon regulation. $2.50

Follow instructions. Make new custom dampers. Install. Piano will sound =
like a million bucks (or if it doesn't, it won't be the damper's =
fault!). You ain't going to get what you want/need out of a catalog. =
Damper making is fun and easy. If you don't want to do it, give me specs =
for new dampers, examples of the old ones (for felt thickness, etc.) and =
I will make a set for you.

Terry Farrell

www.farrellpiano.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jason kanter=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 4:39 PM
  Subject: dampers advice pls

  List,
  Apologies for the attached picture, which however is worth a thousand =
words.
  I am making some modest improvements in a 1909 Hardman & Peck upright. =
One of these is replacing the old dampers. I ordered pre-cut upright =
dampers from Pianotek; they just arrived yesterday and they are not =
right. Photo attached. What do I do? I have to install them next =
Saturday.

  jason kanter . piano tuning/regulation/repair
  bellevue, wa . 425 562 4127 . cell 425 831 1561
  orcas island . 360 376 2799