Fw: cholesterol OT OT

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:06:59 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@comcast.net>
To: "Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:15 PM
Subject: cholesterol

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2003/11/07/bad_news_about_statin_drugs.htm

> http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cholesterol_myth_1.html
>
> http://www.mercola.com/article/statins.htm#

Here are three sites showing the danger of cholesterol lowering drugs.
Following the links you find that  although a slight reduction in  (I mean
slight!!!)  heart disease may in some instances reduce heart attacks, it
increases strokes, cancer, alzheimers, memory loss etc etc.

The drug companies take in between 20 and 30 billion bucks from the statin
type drugs.  They use the government, medical profession and the media to
try to increase that to 40 billion a year.  That will then funnel the 400
billion passed by congress for senior drug benefits over ten years totally
into their coffers for one drug alone.

Since the brain is about 2/3 cholesterol, keeping the level below normal for
a few years causes the brain to short out since the insulation between
nerves are depleted.  It is ironic that Alzheimer's has only been around
about 50 years and that is about the time Doctors started pressuring
patients to get their cholesterol level to lower than normal.  Even a piano
tuner can see the relation.  Look for an increase in Alzheimer's since they
drug companies have influenced a government panel that has now recommended
and even lower level.  Six of the nine panelists have financial ties to the
drug companies.

I'm being pressured to take these drugs by the VA even though my levels are
within their own guidelines.  I won't take them.  That puts me on their list
as  a UOB  (uncooperative old bastard)

Sorry for the OT.  I can't fight a multibillion drug scam fraud, but I can
let my friends know about it.

The best

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.

I'm being pressured by the VA to take statin drugs even though my
cholesterol is normal and the ratio is within their own guidelines.  Go
figure.  Follow the money