Rebuilding vs. Buying new uprights

ryan sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

By "the whole thing" surely you don't mean NEW
soundboard,bridges,pinblock, action, and a nice finish
for under $7000?

In my neighborhood a first class finish on an upright
can run $4000. I'm talking about meticulous work.
We've all seen "rebuilt" pianos with shimmed boards,
inexpensive finishes, new action parts, and the thing
is no fun to play.