Items in your tuning kits that you would not be caught without?

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:37:29 -0600

Lots of wedge mutes (get tired of chasing them)
Paps treble mute, good where needed
Metronome with pitch source and fork, of-course
ultra thin CA glue, tape, saran wrap (under grand pinblocks) syringe & needles
voicing needle tool
voicing (up) juice (rarely need)
sanding paddle
Mannino string lifting hook (tighten up the forward terminations, string
leveling, check mating afterwards)
hammer and brass drift (for settling string around bridge pins)
Protek lubricant (center pins)
Q-tips
forceps  (foreign object removal)
extendable magnet (as above)
spray liquid born teflon (squeeks) non wetting
screw drivers
keybrite for cleaning the keys
HPE polish for cleaning those difficult to clean pianos (don't use on wood
finish because it will lift the polish)
soundboard steel (for dusting the same)
multiple tips including high angle and long for those grands with pin
blocks way down there.
PTG brochures re:       Pitch Raising
                         Climate Control
                         Care of Your Piano
                         (I'll get the RPT one when I pass my tests) ;-)
Dampp-Chaser brochure
Combo Hygrometer, Thermometer.
Basic regulation tools/wrenches including wire bending tools
wire & pin gauge
Cork bridle straps for when you absolutely must remove that action

Paper punchings and felt punchings for under keys
Key dip block
spare center pins & bushing felt
assortment of spare springs
a few vagias key tops