What is the ornate walnut veneer used on many 1920's players?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

Nope. I don't think so. Nice try, though. Circassian
walnut is more tightly figured, and I have only seen
one piano ( I think ) with it: a 1910'ish Kranich and
Bach. Also, I have read that he supply of Circassian
dried up with the advent of WWI. And these pianos are
from the twenties.
    I'm sticking with Carpathian, and will until
proven otherwise. Will esearch and report.
    Thump