cholesterol OT OT

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:40:12 -0400

Hi Duane,

> You explained the first part, however, you, just like the doctors,
> haven't explained the next part - of how, like my mother, who was on a
> restricted diet had a count between 300-400 and my grandparent's were
> normal and still eating fried bacon & eggs and green beans with bacon
> grease & butter.

Different systems, different metabolism.  If you mother had cholesterol
levels that high and didn't eat that much cholesterol, she would have
probably manufactured it herself.  If your grandparents had healthier levels
(were they tested?), it's surely because they didn't manufacture as much of
it and probably eliminated a great deal of it via HDL and bile salts.  Not
all pianos are the same; not all people are the same.  Doctors and
scientists do realize this!  If you think for a second that diet isn't the
most important factor determining cholesterol levels...  I'd probably
agree... but very cautiously.  ;-)  A large body of physicians and
scientists would also nod their heads in agreement.

Peace,
Sarah

PS  Thump, "preventative" and "preventive" are synonymous, and I'm uncertain
whether there's a preferred form.  I don't find "odiferous" in my
dictionary, but "odoriferous" is listed.  Do you mean "odorous?"  (In all
honesty, I, too, thought there was an "odiferous."  I'm not a perfect
speller, which is why I frequently look words up.)