[Another] one for the books

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:12:11 -0700

Every once in a great while I'll get the call from a befuddled piano
owner who's never called a piano tech before: "Do I bring it to you or
what's supposed to happen?" But this time the guy really did bring it to
me. It was in the back of his school bus. He was "mobile pianist" and
just needed a jack glued back into the wippen beam and he was somehow
able to tune it himself, good enough for him, anyway.

To some in Santa Cruz, it's still thirty years ago.

Tom Cole