Delignet

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:37:25 -0500

  Subject: Re: Delignet

  Paul C asked: "List members and pin block installers:

  What drill size do you like for a 2/0 pin when using Delignet for the
block?"

  Paul C,
  I've used Delignet for most of my career. I usually use a 6.8mm drill bit.
However, there are varying grades of Delignet and sometimes an "H" drill or
a 6.9mm. I always do several test drill holes in the scrap. I should also
say, I always use pin driving fluid, so that will make a difference in the
size hole to be drilled. (Pin driving fluid makes a tight hole somewhat
looser.)
  If you do not have my Stats Chart, let me know and I'll send you one.
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I
  [ Thanks, Joe (nice to have met you in Nashville, BTW).  Good advice on
testing the hole size, and yes we do use pin driving fluid.
  Now with a little more practice, I'll have that mute insertion trick you
showed me under control.......

  Paul C