Electronic keyboard repair

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:23:37 -0400

Ric,

I'm actually off on vacation for a few days (wife's at a conference) so
don't have access to my schematics.  Will be glad to take a look into
that when I get back to the office on Tuesday.  I have no problem with
replacing components but I find it often simpler and more cost-effective
(both for me and the customer) to just replace board assemblies rather
than components on current production models.  The time spent
trouble-shooting and the labor time working on individual components to
be more than just replacing the assembly. (Just my experience.)

Feel free to email me privately if you still need me to look that up
when I get back.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Moody
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 1:59 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Electronic keyboard repair

>     WHICH electronic keyboard?  Organ?  Electric piano?
> Synth?  Older or late model? They're all different.  By
> "extract the power input," do you mean the whole power supply
> or an auxiliary input to the amp or the power cord itself or what?
>     --David Nereson, RPT and amateur electronics tech

The keyboard in question is a Yamaha PSR 340.
the plug is from an AC to DC converter.   I need to remove the
receptacle (which I referred to as 'extract the power input') of this
plug from the keyboard because I think it was damaged when the "dog"
stumbled over it for the fourth time .     It is a common ac-dc input
like lap tops, cordless phones, scanners etc. ---ric