Repetition Lever Height

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:18:09 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: Repetition Lever Height

> Gordon,
>
> I've read all the other responses to your post, so far, and agree. The
only
> thing
> I will add, since you're dealing with all new parts, is to make sure that
> you have
> at least a "rough" hammerline set (off the rest felt) and at least "some"
> repetition lift. I'd also suggest setting the forward/back position of the
> jack
> first. Then, just watch for a little "wink" when you trip the jack tail
out
> from
> under the knuckle. Hope this helps a little.
>
> Avery

    Yes!  If the hammer shanks are sitting on their rest cushions, they of
course won't dip, and if there's no repetition spring strength at all, or if
the knuckles have deep grooves in them, they probably won't either.  Before
regulating a grand, always make sure you have some drop and some repetition
spring strength.     --D.N.