neat things found in grands

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:50:53 +0200

My story.

I had that old 1870 Bechstein model II, straight strung, and as such =
being of interest for Jos van Immerseel (you must imagine the most =
prominent period piano player and orchestra conducter in Belgium, with =
Philip Herreweghe.  Sorry if it doesn't mean anything to american =
people.  Say it is the equivalent here of Paul Badura-Skoda there).
He sees the piano, and immediately falls in love with it.
He then crawls under the piano, to see if there is a serial number or =
something like that.  He sees something, asks for his flashlight, and =
says : "yesss ! here ! an inscription ! Wait, I read ..."
And he reads : "Maria ... was ... conceived ..... .... im .. ma .. =
culate."

St=E9phane Collin.