Repetition Lever Height

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:54:21 -0600

At 06:33 PM 7/28/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>IMHO, the better, more precise method is to "wink the jack, using the
>incredible sensitivity possible in your hand/eye perception to FEEL the
>slight drag of the jack ahead across the knuckle, and to see a slight---and
>I mean slight---movement of the hammer.....
>Just my $.02.....
>David Andersen

All good comments, and I'll add that it's quite often easier to "FEEL"=20
something like jack wink when you use a tool, like a soft guitar pick, or=20
cocktail-stirrer, or something with a bit of give. I've got meat hooks for=
=20
fingers, and I find the tactile response required for fine feedback is=20
enhanced with tools. Like checking let off. I press with a short section of=
=20
sound board steel, on the bare wood just behind the key cover. Evening the=
=20
leverage (to 1:1) and adding a flexible interface. Really amplifies the=20
effects of blocking, and makes it harder to "overpower" the block without=20
feeling.

Just another 2=A2

Later,
Guy