Tuning for violinists

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:22:48 -0400

Dave, tuning for violinists may seem like child's play if you ever have
a chance to tune for a harpist. The piano was her 2nd instrument, and I
found out that a normal amount of stretch in the treble was too much for
her ear to handle.

The tone of the harp along with whatever method of tuning they use was
not compatible to her ear. I spent a few hrs. with her at my first appt.
many years ago. I was the last in a long line of technicians that had
failed to make her happy. I have received alot of referrals from her
since that first appt.

It was well worth it to spend those hrs. with her many years ago.

Phil Bondi(Fl)