Steinway of unknown vintage

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:39:45 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Cole
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 3:34 AM
To: tcole@cruzio.com; Pianotech
Subject: Steinway of unknown vintage

The piano is an S & S M and is in the shop for restringing and
replacement of whatever else was damaged by cat urine (the owner has 27
cats in the house). Parts of the plate guilding has been eaten away and
there is no serial # in the usual place at the break. Neither is there
one anywhere else visible. All I can find is "D 5659" on different case
parts. The legs are the plain spade legs, "not the picture frame" style.

Case refinished in black, originally mahogany.

1. Any idea where the serial # may be stamped or written?

2. Any idea how to get rid of cat urine smell?

Tom Cole, wearing a gas mask

Tom,
	Quick, Call  Thumper!
	You need the auto-claving fire hosing treatment!--
	Just kidding Thumpmeister--
	As for the Ser. # if I may quote a New York Yankee --- Mr. Yogi
Berra, "You can observe a lot by looking"
	The # is on every case part--Back of slip, bottom of lyre for
example.
	Tom -Headed for Vacation--Driscoll