Hamamatsu Museum of Instruments

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:21:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2004 9:29:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

Ric
   I believe Calin has accurately made the correct  observation.
   Dale

Unless you are saying that the speaking length of the string  required the
front notch to be where it is, and the lack of  a dogleg then  forces a shorter
contact segment ?  That would make sense I suppose... so  then, you are saying
they did this to avoid using a dogleg in the bridge itself  ?... Ok.. :)
whats the benifit of avoiding the dogleg then  ?

Cheers
RicB